Tuesday, December 04, 2007

The last few days

  • I decided to devote some more time and effort to improve my culinary skills, which, I must admit, is very preliminary at this moment. As a result of this unusual spurt of enthusiasm, I found myself experimenting in the kitchen each day after I got home from work. And the weekends were, of course, the ideal time to push the limits and try out something totally untried. While some results of these experiments were moderately palatable, some others were absolutely disastrous. But at the end, to paraphrase Edison, "I have not failed. I've just found several combinations that won't work."

  • I found a dirt road the other morning, near the hillocks behind my building, that goes all the way to the highway. It was more of a trail than a road -- dusty, deserted, and mostly unused. The air was cool that morning and I just walked without caring to reach anywhere. Sometimes, it feels good to walk on a road without knowing where it might take me to.

  • I took part in the city marathon. The first ever marathon of my life. (well, it's true that I just ran the first few kilometers. But the fact remains that I ran.)

  • I realized, to my amazement, that one year has passed by since I landed in this city. And so far, it's been so good.

3 comments:

G Shrivastava said...

The city has a tendency tog rown you doesn't it?

Unknown said...

hi pranab
even i am trying my hands in cooking nowadays
initially it started with a compulsion to keep myself alive but i must admit now that i have started to like cooking and like you i am experimenting and again like you most of the experiments are disasters
but the feeling to enjoy a thing created by your own hands is unbeatable
i hope the same goes for you too
cheers!

pranabk said...

plain jane: Yes, indeed.

wasmi: Nice to know that. So, next time we meet, we'll probably end up exchanging recipes.