Thursday, January 24, 2008

Part(y)ing

We sit together on a big table and talk loudly while we wait for the lunch to arrive. We have already scrabbled with the menu, discussed at length about the dishes we want to order, and kept talking all the while. The restaurant is full and the food is late to arrive. But nobody seems to mind today -- we are more than happy to go on chattering.

"Maybe this is the last time we all are eating together," someone says, perhaps trying to remind us that something is happening for the last time.

But we ignore the thought. We all have new things coming up in our lives and we don't seem to have the time to pause and ponder. Or, even if someone wants to, nobody wants to show.

Someone clicks photos, someone poses, someone pulls someone's legs, someone plays with the cutlery -- we all are happy with the moment.

The lunch arrives, we eat with relish, pay the bill, and move away.

"We all might not be together again. But when we were, we were happy. At least, that is what I would like to believe," I say to myself and go my own way.

2 comments:

brijmohanjakhmola said...

Hey Prnab... i love reading this( in fact as of reading I have only your blog in my bucket).. Each time I read your blog .. I find it somewhere happening in my life also... I wonder how could you do this magic .. Did I tell everything abt me, shared every moment of my life with you sometime in past :)

Brij'

Swati said...

hey dada, is this about the lunch we had in "Horn Ok Please"?