Monday, January 21, 2008

January

This January has definitely managed to surprise me.

First, there are these upcoming changes at workplace. But let's keep workplace out of this, for the moment.

Second, I've managed to acquire a few scratches on my Activa and myself. You see, the mandatory accident has already happened. But, I'm not going to give you a detailed description of that either.

Third, I decided to let go the Film Festival this time. Well, it has got something to do with the accident, but had I wanted I could still manage. But somehow, for some strange reason, I didn't want to.

Fourth, I read Vikram Seth's novel in verse, The Golden Gate, which I found rather witty. To read a novel in verse -- it didn't sound interesting -- but, at the end, I liked.

Fifth, I found that I can be particularly talkative, nonsensically talkative, and can be a pain to your ear.

2 comments:

G Shrivastava said...

Vis-a-vis film festival - no big loss trust me. PIFF was RATHER disappointing this year...except for the Alomodovar retro-focus!
Golden Gate is an absolute delight, not only from the POV of the style but also the narrative...specially some of the verses which hit home and ring so true and so right!

pranabk said...

plain jane: Actually, I did manage to catch the initial few films at PIFF. But none very interesting. However, I really wanted to see Almodovar films.

After The Suitable Boy and The Golden Gate I think I'll want to read more of Vikram Seth. His writings have a uniquely gentle feel, and a mischievous sense of humour.