Friday, March 16, 2007

Disconnected

My mobile phone connection is, I find out much to my chagrin, blocked temporarily. I can neither make nor receive calls now. And this has happened because I failed to remember to furnish my fresh residential address proof to the service provider. How utterly disgusting!

However, when I think about it with a calm head, I don't think I'm much affected by this development. Very few people feel the need to talk to me nowadays, and I myself do not call up too many people anyway. There wasn't really much to worry about. The world will go on as usual, I contemplated rather philosophically, even if I remain disconnected for a few days.

So far it was so good. I almost succeeded in convincing myself that being disconnected for a few days is, in fact, quite cool. I accepted it with quite good humor. But then, much though I dislike him, I also have inside me a more practical (and spoilsport, I must say) version of myself who's forever disapproving of all my theories about life and living. Hence, I am accused, once again, of being careless, worthless, and retroactive (I mention only three, there were plenty other unflattering adjectives hurled at me).

Well, sorry for dumping this kind of total trash in the form of a post. But that's something you'll have to bear with when I'm not in the right frame of mind. And right now, my mind is just a little off-balance.

1 comment:

brijmohanjakhmola said...

Very true Koch...I think maximum guys of our age may be feeling in same way. Just few months back I use to switch off my cell sometimes bec's I wanted to be alone, did not want to talk to anyone but now it seems that there is no need for that. Till last year maximum of us were too much friend centric, whole weekend just hanging here and there with friends and sometimes with just acquaintance. I remember it very well that once I went to Chennai Central just to see my frnd at 1 in night even when that guy was not too close to me just a friend and it was raining heavily. I can do that today only for very selected once. But as we are growing doing that all seems just lacking something somewhere. May be now it is the time when we are looking for longer relationships, we have started seeking commitment in relations. We are thinking digitally either full or null relations. And we preferred to be alone rather to be someone’s or make someone a Page-3 friend.