Friday, December 19, 2008

Snippets

  • We go eating sizzlers. At a bustling place, with old friends from college days. As it happens on such occasions, we talk about halcyon days of past and stir up memories of people we knew. We talk incessantly, behave noisily, eat clumsily, and laugh out loudly at the tiniest of anecdotes we share. After so many years, even the painful memories now seem laughable.
  • I’m packing my bags for year-end holidays. I am going away for few days and there’s not much to pack anyway, I think. But this morning, I run around and pile up things that I need to carry – clothes, tickets, slippers, books. Oh, books! I take maximum time to decide which books to carry with me for holiday read. I know, I won’t probably read much, but then I am bugged by the thought, “What if I feel like picking up a book? What if I feel like picking up this particular book?”
  • So, another year went by. And minor ups and downs apart, I think it went quite well with me. I don’t really like to do year-end assessments, nor new-year resolutions. Therefore, instead, I’m going on hibernation for the next two weeks.
By the way, my best wishes to you all for the coming year.

Happy 2009!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish You too a Very Happy and Prosperous Year 2009. Enjoy your holidays and post another great blog on return.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Parul

G Shrivastava said...

...and a Happy New Year to you as well! Hope the new year is a better, happier one! See you soon?

brijmohanjakhmola said...

"What if I feel like picking up this particular book?" .... I cant stop laughing .. that happens so usually with us. Anyway .. New Year Wishes

G Shrivastava said...

Arre baba when will you update? you're almost as bad as me these days... ;-)