Monday, May 26, 2008

From the mountains to the sea

Whoever was happy with the thought that this blog is dead already should be ready for some disappointment.

I’m back.

Well, I had a short vacation recently, and I thought it appropriate to use my vacation story as a come-back vehicle. And, additionally, this time I have a few snaps to tell the tale.


… on a bright day, on a small train…


… winding through the slopes of mountains…


... gazing at the horizon...


… long winding dusty tracks that get lost in the woods…


… panoramic view at the top…


… one old bungalow named Mon Repos…


… abandoned in the wilderness…


… sitting by the sea…


… collecting colorful shells…


… watching the sunset…

… lying under a green canopy…

… boat ride to a sea fort…

… old cannons on guard….


… the road back …


Excuse me for putting up so many photos. By now you must have realized that this is just a shabby effort to hide the fact that I could not write anything worth putting up here; hence, the profusion of photos.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Pranab
fantastic snaps, where are these beautiful places you have been to, tell me more
I am also happy that you seemed to enjoy the vacations

pranabk said...

Thanks Wasmi, these photos are from Matheran, Diveagar, and Janjira Fort respectively.

Meghna said...

Hi pranab,
Glad that you are back. They were really some awesome pictures you've taken, specially the sea-shore ones. I'm sure you thoroughly enjoyed the vacation. Great!

G Shrivastava said...

Love the shot of the winding track!