Monday, February 25, 2008

Coming back

In case you haven't noticed, I had been away for two whole weeks. I was on a impromptu break.

During this time I went to my home town, visited a few other places and people, and generally passed my time at home doing nothing.

It was a break from the routine I follow here. I had no work, cellphone, computer, or newspaper to occupy my time.

I had a feeling I'd have a good time without any of these. But, strangely, all my time I was missing these things there. I was thinking about the things I do here, when I was there. I had a feeling that I might be missing out on something. That there might be important things happening in my absence. That I might be wanted here.

But, obviously, no such thing happened. And now that I'm back, I find that nothing really has changed. Things are still the same on my desk. And nobody has even noticed that I was away.

So, it's back to my old routine. And I'm back to the things I missed.

But now, suddenly, I feel like running away again.

Isn't life disappointing?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

yes, it is disappointing, life i mean

but it is good to have you back, my friend, things never change which also include my own routine of visiting your blog daily to check for updates

pranabk said...

Wasmi, of late I have developed a liking for the phrase "Isn't life disappointing?", which I first heard in the Japanese film Tokyo Story.

Thanks for your continued visits and do mail me sometime.