Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Useless updates

  • From my balcony, on Sundays, I can see a group of children play cricket. They play with a tennis ball and instead of stumps they use a concrete slab. It's a small patch of land, and not exactly a ground. So, to exercise restraint, they have devised a rule that if the batsman hits the ball over the fence, he's out.
  • The 'Lucky Bamboo' plant I got two months back is thriving, sitting prettily above the TV set. I got it not because I am into Feng Shui or something; neither do I believe the 'luck' part (the fact is, it's not even bamboo). I bought it for the same reason people buy pets -- a bit of company.
  • I pass the evening watching inordinate amount of TV. And before going to sleep I apologetically look at the pile of books lying by my bedside. "Mabe I'm a lousy reader," I say to myself.
  • There are some last-minute things to take care of before I go today. I'm on leave for the next two weeks, you see. But procrastination is an old habit with me. So, instead of doing what I actually need to do I get down to write this post. Last-minute things are meant to be done in the last minute.
  • Waking up this morning I feel a mild dip in temperature. The first taste of winter!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

nothing is useless, if you believe in it
and, i am sure that the view from your balcony is what i am missing in denmark
keep watching,maybe someday i'll join you to have a look at that view

pranabk said...

Hey, thanks for the comment.
I was not sure if anyone actually visits this blog these days.
Happy to know that you did, and also left a comment.

Unknown said...

maybe it would be surprise to you, it's my daily routine that after checking my personal emails, i check your blog to know whether have you updated it or not