Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Waiting for the words...

Contrary to what I used to believe, a lot of things were happening to me of late. In fact, I was so overwhelmed by these happenings that I fumbled for words to express them.

How possibly could I have expressed in words the emptyness I felt while walking back home on a full-moon evening? Or how could I describe what I felt when a familiar smell from yesteryears wafted from somewhere, evoking nostalgia? Or the effortless drift I experienced while I lay awake late into the silent night? Or the subtle pleasure I felt while reading a certain passage in a book? Or the longing for a familiar touch? Or the craving for some long-forgotten taste? Or the irrepressable desire to talk to someone whose face is all hazy now?

It was difficult to translate them in words. And I did not want them to be written just for the sake of writing. So, I waited for the apt words to appear. Words which would flow effortlessly to create something out of my jumbled up thoughts. But, I later realized that I was waiting in vain. Words don't come to those who don't pursue them.

And this post is proof enough that I have failed to pursue them.

2 comments:

sharencareforu said...

good to see you back, and with a bang, I am always eager to read your posts, I check your blog almost daily but you disappoint me by not updating it, so keep writing

Anonymous said...

Kasam se Pranabda...
tumar blog 1st day poriaa i've bcom fan of ur writing...
just great...
keep it up & post them frequently...